Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why I'm imperfect....and it's okay.

Nowadays, we often notice the need to be uber-skinny, to be modelisque, to be perfect to blend into this superficial society. We notice on medias such as the TV, magazines etc the need to be perfectly shaped to find love, to get your way in life, to have the best life.

I, being the most imperfect of all, beg to differ that trying to starve yourself to fit into the current craze of skinnyfanatic phase is not cool. In fact, its uber-lame.

There is no such thing as being thin to be accepted and loved and adored.

That is PURE bollocks.

I actually feel pretty sad for those who are not given the chance of savouring the goodness of food that has to offer.

So what if you're skinny? You're skinny to get rich men - who in turn has alot of money to find alot of other skinnier and hotter girls - who in turn dumps you for Miss 36D. The competition just goes on and on and on and there is no end as to how perfect you can sculpt yourself to be before you can finally find your trophy partner.

Ah yes. Trophy partners. The root of all evil. EGO. Everyone has ego I have to admit. Just that some people's egos are bigger than Manhattan itself. It is ridiculous to find someone who is hot and what not, but has a brain of a pea, or worse a heart of Tin-man from Wizard of Oz ergo, she/he has no heart.

Let me tell you from my humble experiences of watching my friends torturing themselves to fit into this 'perfect world' where the 'perfect man' exists.

They starve themselves to be size 0. They lost their appetites, waist line, along with their principals and morals. They get hooked up with really good looking men who are the envy of all other girls who hangs out with the same clique. The guy, obviously, who is extremely goodlooking/rich/well endowed in the lower region, gets the monthly-itch to stray. WHY? Because there will always be someone hotter than you are. Then you're left broken-hearted, doubting yourself that you're not good enough/pretty enough/ energetic enough in bed, yada yada yada. I hear these things all the time. It's like I'm Aunt Agony. I should get paid to do this shit man.

It's not that I condone obesity. Obesity on the other hand is unhealthy. You die early. Full stop. But starving yourself to look hot for your mate is, wrong.

Frankly, I've always been a size 12-14 (weight fluctuates according to my moods), and I haven had any problems to find a guy who is truly amazing (albiet not as good looking as the ones shown on magazines) but is one who is a keeper. Yes, I have had hot guys before (yes, its surprising for my Size14 figure) but all they are thinking is about their looks, what calories are going into their body when they breathe, bla bla bla bla. Is there any end to this insanity? Are there no other topics on this plane to be spoken about except your throbbing six-packs? I find it outrageously offputting.

I really find it peacing that if I could just sit down for a meal, ONE TIME, and tuck into my KFC without hearing, "once on your lips, forever on your hips". Well, if you want the truth from the horse's mouth, FUCK YOU. I don't give a shit. As long as my diet does not ONLY CONSIST of KFC, MARRYBROWN and HAGENDAAZ, and as long as I don't fall into the category of OBESE, UP YOUR SKINNY ARSE, FUCKERS. But I'm not always this crude. So inturn, I would only say, " Oh ok, you don't eat that fat-infested fried chicken then. It'll kill you, and your perfect skin too. Let me take the fall for you okay?"

Why do girls have to starve themselves to be waif thin so that BOYS, I mention boys, because MEN have better things to think about other than skinny twigs. I really don't understand? Is it that important to be on the arm of someone hot, so other people can envy you? Is that your ulterior intention? So other people can watch you with their green eyes and hope to God that they could be as perfect as you?

Right, I know I don't have the rights to criticise people who are trying to improve themselves. Ok, I'm sorry. But I really hope you nice people (and by nice I mean those whom I talk to) really take a step back and re-evaluate your goals in life. It should be "meet someone who loves me and my love handles" instead of "meet someone so hot my neighbour is so jealous of me".

But alas, there are still people on this planet who regards highly of their waistlines. Hence that is what makes the world go round. People of all sorts. That's what makes everything interesting. Imagine if everyone was the same. All skinny or all fat. Everything would just be MUNDANE and BORING. Like, cereasly. I am glad there are waif thin babes out there. They just give us the motivation to stop eating the 5th fried chicken and try to go on the tread mill for once. I'm glad there are magazines like VIVI - because we can try to doll up like those japanese babes even tho we're size 14.

And the truth is, even if you're not skinny, there will always be guys to love you. That is a true story. I am fat. But I never had a problem finding a guy who loves me insanely. The trick is to actually know yourself. Look into the mirror. You're not Angelina Jolie. So don't go looking for a Brad Pitt. Go for someone your own status. Someone who is as imperfect as you. That way, you wouldn't feel the pressure to have to upkeep yourself constantly in case he stops loving you. And again, truth betold, if he loves you, he loves you for everything. There is no such thing as him loving you if you're skinnier or prettier. SERIOUSLY. The greater the expectation, the greater the disappointment. And lord knows that humans don't take disappointments too well. Live life a little simpler, and it will be a breeze for you. This simple theory goes for every aspect of life as we speak. Like for instance your qualifications. If you're not an Oxford Grad, don't even think of applying to high-end jobs because they only look for the best. If you're not the best, don't try to act like you're the best, because you'll soon realise that it's too tiring to be anything except yourself.

Like a friend of mine, John says, "If you have it, don't be too happy. If you don't, don't be upset. Because you come into this world with nothing, and you wouldn't leave with anything".

This is true for everyone. If you're not a size 0, don't be upset. There are loads of people who still treasure you for you. And there are people who WANTS to love you, and truly wants to give you the love that you DESERVE. If you're a size 0, found your prince charming, and he treats you like a Queen, then good for you. You are truly the luckiest cream of the crop. But if not, tough shit man.

Ladies, if your man really loves you for who you are, treasure him. If he doesn't, burn his car.

Guys, if you really love her, don't ask her to change a bit. Because you're just mind-fucking her into insanity.

Why I'm ok being imperfect you ask? I don't know really. I just feel, happy the way I am. Of course I wouldn't go OTT and gain like 20 kilos from my current weight. I just hope this message gets through to all the lovely ladies out there. Because you're truly amazing the way you are, size 0 or size 28. Really. If you don't give men the power of choosing the best, they wouldn't treat you like dirt, or make you feel the need to puke your lunch out.

X

No comments: