Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rosie and Sargeant

Right, so let's update the world on my amazing life!

I have a new dog, its a St. Bernard!
*think Beethoven dogs.



He's name is Sargeant, he's 1.5 years!

However, most people would have known that I have another St. Bernard named Rosie.


Picture of Rosie when she was a little girl

She is almost 4 years old and she is so lovely and drooly :)

She loves to be pampered, excessive eating, play catching with mice, belly rubbed (or anywhere that can be rubbed), washed, taken naps with.

She has an extra long tongue.
My brother had a big discount because of it.

St. Bernards are well renowned as Rescue Dogs in the Alps.
They are specially trained to rescue people who are trapped in the mountains.
Attached to their necks is a cask of Rum to keep the victim's body warm.



Man, if I were the dog, I'd break open the cask and have a good time.

Now you know why I'm never the employee of the month!
*hee*

So anyways, St. Bernards are known to be gentle loving creatures who have no strains of agressiveness in their blood.
They are known to be amazing to children.



So equipped with this knowledge, I thought Rosie could welcome Sargeant with limbs wide open.

BUT I WAS WRONG.

Rosie looked like this last night.


I could have sworn that she looked like a cross breed of a Rottweiler gone insane.
Like Cujo.

She snarled at Sargeant and barked so loudly and fiercely.

I thought there was going to be a blood bath.

How can Rosie be so agressive when she's afraid of cats????

Her only playmates are the little birds and drain rats/mice that feed off her leftovers.



HOW?
I can't possibly understand that.

Rosie has been always gentle.

Maybe she was territorial.

Maybe she was threatened (a new dog in the place)

Jealous?

Excited?

Was this how the way dogs talk? By barking at each other?

But I guess that they are slightly better friends now, after spending a night with each other and have not bitten each other's head off yet.




How can something so soft, fluffy and adorable look like this?!?!!?!?



My Goodness,
her face scrunched up and she looked slightly like a rottweiler.

Are rottweilers even afraid of cats?!!?!

Sargeant looks like a border collie.



Imagine the head, slightly bigger, and a body 3times bigger.

St. Bernards are good companions and playmates.



Evidently shown in this pic how loving she is.

(I despise myself for taking a picture, still with my cookie monster jammies on)

She gets very comfortable when you are stroking her and she'll just lie on the ground and be pampered.



Rosie loves taking naps when she possibly could, and she is extremely stupid.

Well, stupid is a harsh word.

Ok, daft.

The only words she recognises, and interprets in her own special way, are

"mum mum" - eat

"noooooooooooooooooo" - yes

"go away" - stay where you are

"come here" - stay where you are and ignore Jo

"kai kai" - let's go poop

"tin" (my maid's name) - monster!!!!

"right paw" - left paw

"left paw" - right paw

"bad girl" - i love you

"sit" - stand

"up"- up, I'm going to be fed!
(finally something right)


You can see that her looks matches her mentality.




see how the tongue sticks out when she sleeps.


I LOVE HER.




She is very fond of face licking and crotch and bum sniffing.

Gets her high? I don't know.

She always aims for the crotch anyways.

St. Bernard puppies are SOOOOOOOOOO adorable.



Get what I mean?

How can anyone torture animals?

They are so fluffy and cute!!!!!



Don't have a full bodied pic of my dog, so I googled it and this is what a St. Bernard looks like all grown up.

I hope Sargeant fits in well with Rosie, and stops being so greedy!

I love big dogs, OH YEAH.

OH OH! I hope they have babies soon.
It's going to be amazing.

X

No comments: