Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Khoo Kongsi dinner

Ok, contrary to popular belief,
I did not disappear off the face of blogspot!

Haiya, told you all I'm going to Penang for the weekend,
can't blog there can I?
(well I could, but cant be arsed)

Anyways, it was amazing seeing my most beloved relatives again,

and also Meichen!



It was havoc. Met up with Jee Ann too.

We went to Queen Elizabeth II,
a club on the pier.

It was amazing fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven gone out clubbed in ages!

Plus I got free pizza for the table for innocently flirting being friendly with the chef!!!!!!

We arrived at Meichen's place at 5am
(I stayed over)
(and apparently I popped her stay-over cherry)

and had to wake up at 830 am!!!!


This was the aftermath of alot of Martell and what not!

Then in the morning I had to get my ass to
Khoo Kongsi fo the ancestral worshipping ceremony.



Its a pity not many turned up for the worshipping ceremony.

Words have gone round that these ungrateful people only came to the dinner for the food, the award and the angpao!

I think they were right in saying so.

Tsk tsk.



You're not where you are without the blessings of your ancestors!

Punks!

Then at night we attended the dinner of Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi at Gurney Hotel.


My dad is adorable.

Leong San Tong is the general name for all the clansmen,
while Boon San Tong is the sub-division of the Leong San Tong clan.

I, of course belong to Boon San Tong, which is the only clan strong and capable enough to hold another dinner for us graduates.


I received a pewter award and a red packet.

It was good.
Shant ramble on lest my ancestors strike me for being ungrateful!

hee.


My pewter award is pretty!


I think my red packet looks nicer!


It was a whirlwind of fun!!!

I stayed over at Rita Khoo, my aunt's place that night
to spend time with my favourite cousin,
Felipe.


Smart, handsome, musically talented and humorous.

I guess it runs in our blood!

hee.

He's also the spawn of genius, Joe. F.

My favourite Uncle!

So the Boon San Tong dinner is smaller in capacity, however it is more detailed.

The food was less in quantity and that's good cause it reduces on the wastage of precious food!



The award ceremony was amazing.

I'm pretty proud of myself for

1. completing my bachelors of law in 2006.
2. completing my BVC in 2007.
3. getting called as a Barrister in England at Lincoln's Inn in 2008.


And yes, my family was proud of me too!


all the female graduates of the night.

Then I got bored, and decided to cam-whore a little in the toilet.




Well, typical me!



This was our final family portrait.

So, 2 nights of dinners really took the life out of me.
I'm so tired, and its already Tuesday!

Can't wait for Thursday.

Xmas dinner.

Turkey.

Corn.


Jelly.

Pigs in blanket.

YUMMO!

X

No comments: