Thursday, December 4, 2008

Packing Tips for Travelling Light

Francessca has unfortunately, by default, become my travel partner.

We have been to
UK : Newcastle, Leeds
Scotland : Edinburgh
Italy : Milan, Rome
Spain : Barcelona
Ireland : Dublin

We aren't the best travelling buddies.

We fight and bitch about each other like cats and dogs.

I HATE HER.

but yet, I still love her.

DAMNIT!

If we were to join the amazing race, we wouldn't make it through day 1.
It's true man, we're like oil and water.

But yet we like to be with each other!

I must stress that Francessca always have this bad habit of over packing.

The limit for cheap budget flights is 10kg.

And you have exceeded 20kgs.

No way in hell am I going to help you lug your baggage to the hotel.

Seriously Fran. We're only leaving our rooms for like 3 days.

Why the F_ _ _ are you packing your whole wardrobe?

WHY?????????

I had to throw everything out of the bag and make her choose.

She was, of course, pissed mad at me.

Tips for packing light and bright:

1. Bring only one dress. ONE.
You do not need to bring 4 dresses for a 3 day trip, Fran.

Unless you're staying for like a week or more,
then 2 dresses. MAX.

2. Do not bring more than 2 bottom pants.
ie. jeans, shorts, pants, capris etc.

You only need one pair of jeans, and one shorts.

3. Bring ONE nightie only.
ie jammies, sleeping shorts and shirt.

You do not need one for everynight!

4. DO NOT BRING YOUR DAMN FACIAL MASKS ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC.
Anything doing with pampering yourself in heavy tubs of lotion, potion and in motion should be banned.

Holidays should include going sight seeing.

Not sitting in your hostel/hotel room eating cheap junk and doing face masks.

You can do that back home.

5. You do not need your damn MP4.

If you're that bored, GO HOME.

6. Bring ONE TOWEL.


ONE towel Fran.

Not Three.

7. Bring enough underwear.


You can always wash them when you're showering and they'll dry over night.

8. You do not need to bring a damn story book!

Why the hell do you go travelling with me if you don't relish in my amazing company?!?!?!?!

9. Share gadgets.

Ipod charger, phone charger, camera charger.

I must stress that I have been unreasonable, sorry, BITCHY here.

I made poor Fran carry all these heavy gadgets while I threw out all her pretty clothes!

And to top it off, I only gave her 1 hr to charge her ipod and I demanded to use it all night!

Lord knows why she gave in?

It could have been an interesting fight!!!!

10. Shoes.

You only need either a sports shoe/walking pumps and a flip flop.
Do not attempt to walk in wedges or heels like Fran did.

I will NOT, I repeat, I will NOT carry you home.

Bitch.

11. Jewelry


Babe, you don't need any jewlry when you're on vacation.

Chances are, no one's going to remember what you wear.

And you might forget them and leave them back in the hostel when you check out.

12. Bring your menstrual pads/first aid kit.

No one's going to help your sorry ass when you need it.

13. Bring a sensible bag, FFS.

Don't bring a tiny cute bag, then make the other person carry all your heavy things.

WTF!

Our shoulders have limits too you know?

14. We do not need to go for professional make up while on vacation.

Again as I said, chances are, no one is going to remember you.

Lots of make up = lots of weight

15. You only need 2 bras.

You do not have so many sets of breasts.

So don't bring so many bras.

16. Share Shampoos and body wash.


Helps with the weight management.


The whole point of packing light is buying more shit to bring back home!

If you go over the excess weight, you'll have to pay a shit load!

Aw, Fran huny, I know as you read this, TNS, KNNCCB, PKHKC, and several flips of the middle finger have appeared.

I know you love me still!

X



No comments: