Thursday, January 15, 2009

Watsons Sale

Because the freaking shopaholic gene in me has gone berserk wild today, I spent RM90 in Watsons for 15 items. MY gosh. That was by far the most satisfying buy of this week, apart from last saturday where me and mum spent like RM500 on CNY clothes, so now I have like 10 outfits for the 4 day holiday. Don't judge me, I was only spending my hard-earned money!

ANYWAY, Watsons was on sale, SO WHY NOT? I spent it all on toiletries (it's for a good cause). I hate having to run to my mum asking to use her conditioner clad in towel, soaking wet (no pun intended here!). I love having stuff in my bathroom (oh yeah, I have my personal bathroom to myself) to play with and adore myself with (even though I spend not more than 10 minutes in at one go).

So I bought hair treatment wax, hair shampoo, hair conditioners, flosses (yes I'm rather teeth conscious), toothpaste (I have 2 empty squeezed out deflated tube of it), hydrating masks, hydrating gel, hydrating spray, cream body wash(s), oil control moisturiser. Do count in the discounts I get and the buy 1 free 1s. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Shopping really is my forte. I love bargain hunts. It's just your dollar worth. Plus now I know what mummy says "wait till you spend your own money, then you know how it feels". YES, she is right, FOR ONCE. Even though I seem to have difficulties curbing my shopping sprees, I tend to narrowing it down to buying bargains, sales, because afterall, you're only paying so much for the brand of the product. So why not wait longer till it goes on sale? You do not need something that badly now. But unfortunately for me, I need something (which is on sale) badly all the time. Its the satisfying feeling that you've beat the retail monopolisers at their game (even though we well know that they still earn a profit albiet minimal at selling their products at a reduced price). Sadly, I like to psycho myself into thinking that I win all the time when buying sale products. I just really don't understand spending on something so ridiculously expensive when you can get something, maybe of a less known brand name, but exactly the same made or its equivalent, at a drastically lower price.

It then boggles my mind how rich people can spend SO much on ONE BAG. Do you know with the price of that ONE BAG I can buy several other bags? But each to its own. Some people like ONE expensive thing. But for JO, its several inexpensive things that make her day :) But if its for gifts *hint* expensive gifts are highly appreciated and welcomed XD

So, today is infact a GOOD DAY for me. I should really start counting my blessings by writing them out. It reminds me that days are good even when things go wrong. I should start paying attention more on the GOOD DAYS/THINGS than the BAD ONES. I should start thinking positive :)

I really can't wait to get home and throw out my old used/finished/expired toiletries and put in the new ones. Which reminds me that I have to throw out old make up. I'm doing my gradual pre-cny spring clean bit by bit, day by day. But as the best advise given to us when we were young and trying to walk, " take a step at a time, and you'll get there some day :)"

Soon, I hope my room is somewhat clutter free (it is never going to be possible, forget it).

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, on a separate note, I tend to take pictures which portrays me as praying. I don't know why, but the incriminating pictures seem to pop up one way or another.

Let me show you :

Incriminating picture 1

Am I suppose to be praying happily? I am having the expression as if I have struck the lottery and praying to the God of Wealth to say Thank you Thank you!

Incriminating picture 2

No, I'm not praying to the mirror God. I was drunk, and adjusting my hair I think. But I wasn't praying!!!!!!!!!!!

Incriminating picture 3

No, not praying to the Sun God as well. I was taking a picture of the coconut tree, damnit! Btw, I still have that frog float somewhere in the attic! heeeeeeeee!

As much as I love praying (for several reasons, like, let me be sick, so I can get the day off, or, let me walk by a stack of RM50s, or, please let the office burn down, so I don't have to work), I wasn't praying in those pictures.

I only had sour mango, a slice of honeydew and an orange for lunch today. My god I'm starving now. Maybe time for my muesli bar. Have to go jog later. And if I bump to Tuan Vernon again later, I WILL have to say HI. And make obligatory small chit chat. It'll be good for my resume. ".......occasional(once) jog with the High Court Judge....built good relationship and good PR (once in a life time acquaintenceship)...." yeah yeah, we all lie in our resumes. No one is that perfect! So, screw you!

X

1 comment:

melia said...

I love bargain hunting too. There's nothing like finding an amazing piece for 70% off, wearing it out and getting ooohh and ahhh's and telling people, yeah I got it only for 30 bucks. Hohohoho!

Makes me feel damn pannai. :D