Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My best investments EVER.

Ah, me the great spender, the royal-pain-in-the-arse, the great liability, shopping queen, all the freaking names you can think of just to conjure this image in your mind - I really shop alot.

Theres shit loads of things that I have bought over the years that may, or may not have been useful. Theres shit loads of $ spent, however, the outcome of it is horrible, they serve no purpose, and that they don't really work at all.

I have thrown away shit loads of things that are totally obsolete, and just made me realise what a dumb fuck I was to have even considered buying it.

But there are a few good buys that I'm still using after a few years, and I swear by them.

1) Leg warmers


These warm fuzzy babies went thru with me during the cold wintry nights in Newcastle and Manchester. We all know that we lose heat through our neck, head, palms and soles of our feet. It is extremely uncomfortable to sleep in the cold (unless you're dying of hypothermia).

With them, sleeping is amazing and you don't have to curl yourself up like a shrimp (kana-hae) and shiver because our feet has the because area to lose heat quickly.

I'm still using them now at home. See, we are cheapskate people and we're using second handed air conditioning with NO REMOTE CONTORL! See how cheapskate we are? Somemore damn7 cold ok. Like freaking 15degrees or soemthing. So every night I would wake up (becos of the cold) and pee (that would have disturbed my sleep pattern) and I would be rotating from getting up closing the air con (cos its too cold) then turning on the fan, then turning on the aircon again (becos its too hot and mosquitoes are attacking me). This is my daily exercise at night.

How to sleep properly you tell me? fucking hell.I'm so pissed mad that no one even wants to change my aircon for me (I know I'm unreasonable, I'm the youngest, so these should be birthrights, but I guess not now!) so I just have to live with it.

Why don't I use my own money, you say? That's cos I need to save it to buy more rubbish lah!! HAH.

2) Medicated Oil



NBCB, I know you're laughing your heads off now and calling me Grandma. But its true. I cannot live without medicated oil, especially this brand.

If I had a dollar for everytime I had horrible wind in my tummy (which I suspect that I've got it from sleeping naked in the air con), I'd be a millionaire per se.

But yes, I get winds very easily, and they make me shudder in pain so much, especially when I sleep. I have to sleep next to this, and whip it out whenever I get sudden abdominal spasms from the wind and rub it fiercely before I fall back to sleep.

It works really well for migraines and whatever funny pains I have too.
And the smell is somewhat, therapuetic.

3) My Ipod.



Technically I didnt buy Poddy (thats her name). I got her when I subscribed my UK mobile line. How great is UK! They give free shit such as phones, psps, and ipods whenever you subscribe to their life! Technically I'm paying for the line too, so indirectly I paid for Poddy!

Anyways, Poddy has been with me to Scotland, Ireland, Amsterdam, Spain, France, Italy, Australia, Cambodia and all of UK. Lotsa good memories and lotsa good songs, tho she's only 2gb - thats like only 400+ songs.

She's been with me through people who snores-so-loud-its-crazy and quite times when you just don't want to be alone.

I love you Poddy, when you die, I'll miss you sadly, and never be able to get back the songs that I've put in you.

4) Calamine Lotion



I have extremely sensitive skin (facial). They are thin and very dry. So when my skin gets blotchy ffrom the heat, or whatever, I just slap some of these on, and the reddness reduces and its so cooling as well!

This has been a godsend to all my skin irritation needs!

4) Electric Mosquito Repellent



It is odorless and it chases away these cibailanjiao things. So annoying when you wake up in the middle of the night and realise you're scratching your own ass because of these pesky things. It's even more annoying when they fly about your ear making that "nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng" sound when you're sleeping.

KNNCCB. No amount of words can express how dulan I am when I get disturbed when I sleep, especially by mosquitos.

This electric product is unlike the goldfish coil we used to use. My mum was using it downstairs te other day and I said, how come my house smells like a temple?! Are you praying in some corner? (we're catholics you see). Then she said, no lah, its the mosquito coil. It works tho, however, you smell like joss sticks later on. Very be-fitting for the July lunar month.

5) False nails.



Ah, for people like me who do not eat enough calcium (fish) to grow strong nails, this is a saviour. Now we can look nice without having to painstakingly grow long nails and having them breaking later and totaling ruining your cool!

Recently I found this shop in City Square selling these goodies for like RM10! How very cheap!

6) Bodyshop Pencil Concealer


Wah, this one really is a godsend. REALLY REALLY REALLY. No.4 suits me perfect and it covers alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll my blemishes.

Enough said. These concealers are cheap and they do the work.

7) MAC Studio Fix




Combined with the Bodyshop concealer, you'll have flawless skin! It's really THAT good!
And this is coming from a person who has a gazillion zits and blemishes. I have used concealers from Bobbi Brown down to Dermalogica shit. They all don't work and come out a funny colour when combined with powders.

Studio Fix itself also has concealing properties. It may look cakey at first, but after sometime when our facial oils set it, it gradually becomes natural and flawless! Sibeh good.

8) Kotex super slim pads



I hate thick pads that makes you feel that theres soemthing stuck between your pekpek and your underwear. Furthermore, alot of these thicker ones tend to stick on to your pekpek when its filled up.

With this, it feels so normal, asif I'm not wearing any pad at all! I also prefer the night wings, because I sit like a man, and if I don't get the bloody night wings, my precious fluid will be spilling ALL over.

Not good, kan?

9) SonyEricson K800i



Yaya, I know outdated lah. But this is THE best phone on earth. It broke last year, but I took it to FIX so I could use it again! It's functions are easy to use and it is very user friendly. Plus the camera takes amazing pictures (tho colour not so good lar)!

But it plays really clear songs, you can give different people different ring tones etc. I know many phones have these functions.

I dono why I like it, I just do!

And technicall I did not buy it, as it was given to me when I subscribed the line. But I paid the bills again!

:)

10) Bodyshop brush on bronzer



Not too dark, not too light, its just the perfect shade for a blush and also some bronzing!

I love the effect on the cheeks, and it also make my double chin visually smaller!

Really really good!

11) Canon G7 Powershot


ok lah, this one I didnt buy, cos Dad did. But its still money spent! And this takes the best pictures ever.

Very clear, and very little lagging. The colours are greaat and theres many functions available including colour accents.

love love love it!

12) Scholl cushions



For ex-party-goers like me, this was a must when going out. It cushions the ball of your feet from rubbing the base of the shoe. This is much better than,the gel cushions they also have as the gel is very hard as compared to this spongy soft one.

It is a must buy for people who wear alot of heels.

With it I can wear heels for hours and not complain of the aching stretching pain!

13) Soap&Glory body butter



As Gok Wan, the English fashionista says, and also a survey poll done, this is by far, THE BEST body butter ever. I SWEAR.

Use it after shower and your body will be feeling as soft as baby's skin. Its very sad that they don't sell it in Malaysia, OR Singapore. But I read they are opening in Targets? The nearest one is in Australia. Damnit.

I'm really depressed coming baack to Malaysia as they don't sell jackshit.

14) L'oreal Elvive



Ok, I have to admit, I have dandruff. There is nothing shamefula bout that ok! My scalp is being a bitch and there is nothing I can do to solve that problem...until I met Elvive. This is by far, the only shampoo that stops my flakes from snowing down.

It's that good man.

And they don't sell it in Malaysia. Singapore yes, I think I bought it the other time, but I can't remember where I bought it now! SO DEPRESSING!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone knows where I can buy this?

15) Bodyshop face brush




I don't care what hair it's made of. It's so fucking soft! And it doesn't prick your skin!

16) Easy glistening.



When I was a party goer, I used to remove my hair from the legs and spray this on before I go out. MY goodness. My legs were amazing. It was that hot ok. OK they are big and pudgy, but you know it was so shiny and sexy and hairless (ok that bit you have to remove using veet)!

But it was shit ass hot ok?




So if any of you are interested in the above products, please go purchase them. Because all of them are really, really, really good.

:)

No comments: