Friday, January 1, 2010

Ode to Love

" happy birthday baby...." I muttered as I leaned in and planted a soft kiss on your lips. The soft peck soon turned into an emotional whirlwind love, passion and happiness.

Tender yet manly, your kisses made my knees weak. It made my mind fuzzy and it made me yearn for more. I could not understand this chemistry that was unfolding before me. It felt safe, stable and constant. Nothing was ever going to go wrong in that moment of time. You are my safe ground, my cushioned landing strip, my happy-land.

The kisses were surreal. I have dreamt of kisses like this before, but it was even better than in my dreams. I gently touched your face with my hands as we continued in our most passionate moment. I could feel the world slowly slipping away.

"I love you", I said, looking longingly. I could not mean it more than now. I love you more everyday, even though at times I wish to wring your neck till your eyes pop out of its sockets.

You said you love me too. I knew you mean it. I know that you love me more than anything in this world. If you could pluck down the stars without breaking your back, you'd do it.

We continued kissing, lost in this rare precious moment in the quietness of the cold, rainy night.

And when we stopped, I found tears hanging at the corners of my eyes.

It must be true love, finally.

Chan rak ter, baby. Happy birthday.

No comments: