Monday, January 25, 2010

Gua Sha Treatment




I went for gua sha yesterday.

Here is what I gathered off the internet on information for gua sha.

Gua Sha is a healing technique used in traditional medicine. It involves palpation and cutaneous stimulation in which the skin is pressed with a piece of jade; that results in the appearance of small red patches. "Gua" means to scrape or rub. "Sha" is a reddish, elevated patch of skin. Sha is the term used to describe blood in the subcutaneous tissue before and after it is raised as a small red bump.

The Sha bump should fade in 2-4 days. If it is slower to fade, poor blood circulation is indicated and the practitioner must ascertain whether there is a deficiency of blood, Qi, Yang or a deeper organ deficiency at the root of the problem.

What are the benefits of Gua Sha? Gua Sha can be used to prevent and treat diseases and strengthen the body. Especially in the area of pain relief it is unequalled. It has a very quick effect on pain from head, neck, shoulder, joint and back pain to RSI, fibromyalgy, sciatica and other nerve pain, migraine, PMS, osteoporosis, rheumatism. It has as well an obvious effect on various diseases caused by functional disharmony of the internal organs.

In summarizing guasha is stimulating the immune system, detoxifies and de-acidifies, promotes the circulation, regulates functions and organs, removes blockades and pain, revitalizes and regenerates ("life-extension"), diminishes stress, fatigue and burn-out, improves e.g. cures (indirectly) countless (chronic) disorders and complaints, rebalances emotions, relaxes and promotes clarity of mind...everything through ONE simple treatment.

In the treatment a special oil is put on a particular area of the skin whereafter the therapist starts "scraping" the area with a "scraper" (an specially designed instrument of jade or horn). Very soon the skin becomes red. The amazing thing is, that on places where disorders are hidden, red spots appear IN the skin (not ON the skin) comparable to hemorrhage. Because the scraping is on the oily skin the patient will hardly feel pain - neither during nor after the treatment - the skin will not be damaged, and the red spots will fully disappear within 3 to 7 days.




Do you know the english call it spooning? HAHAHAHAHA. I know something else that they refer to as spooning too! :P

Ok, you get the gist after reading the epilogue of my post.

ANYWAYS, I suspected that my body would turn blue black due to the high amount of toxins in it. But to my surprise it wasn't that bad, it was only light red, with a few patches of red spots.

After doing your gua sha, it'll turn out something like this :


pics credit to google

the lady used something like this to scrap me : A, B and C. D and E looks too freaky.




Anyways right, she started off by furiuosly scraping the top of my head (to which I nearly passed out due to the pain). I swore at least 2000 strands fell off from the way she was scraping, but she said, no worries, you wont go bald. this is to stimulate your blood flow to the roots of your air! oh okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. then she started scraping near my temples. I nearly passed out from that as well due to the excruciating pain. Then she went on to the bottom and the back of my head. It felt amazing after that. I felt light headed. Probably from stimulated blood flow, or more likely, the pain that numbed my senses. I instantly felt lighter after that. And she said. Your stress and pressure has reached its peak limit. You have to relax or you'll burst very soon. (HAH, she IS right. Now for that I give her credit).

Then she started scraping my whole body, and she came to this conclusion :

- alot of wind in my body.

- bad stomach (gastric)

- weak heart

- weak uterus (hah, tell me something I don't already know)

- water retention

- sinus

-bla bla bla, bla bla bla.

So apparently I have ALLLLLLLLLLLLLl the problems on earth! Who could have guessed?

And oh, she also said, no running or jogging, or the uterus will drop from its position, which I highly believe that!

BUT I did fart and burp alot while scraping, showing that the wind IS leaving my body, which is an extremely good sign! Well happy (and embarrassed at the same time) about that!

You all should go try it once, it will tell you how your body condition is!



No comments: