Saturday, January 30, 2010

I was introduced to an older friend today. And just after some time of words exchanged, he said that I was afraid. Not of anything, but generally just afraid.

Did I somehow expose myself during the conversations, or did my fear just quietly leak out?

I had no clue.

But he was spot on correct.

I was afraid. I was afraid of risking it. I was afraid to lose everything I built so hard. I was afraid to let everyone see that I was shivering inside.

How did he ever know?

I put on my act so well everyday I was sure it was foolproof.
But I guess I was wrong.

2 comments:

Admin said...

When you mention Greed & Fear about anyone, you are almost spot on 99.99% of the time. That's how fortune teller works.

And one more thing, you are also afraid that someone knows more than he deserved on first encounter.

OK, just so that you feel better.

Olivia Jo said...

Greed not so much.. perhaps fear. I am sure everyone is shaking inside, but just too proud to say it.

yes, i AM afraid that someone knows more than what he deserves to on the first encounter.

thanks, ctb, you cracked the code!