Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Baby steps

I’ve heard some great news today. My munchkins already bought his first house. I’m so proud of you, at such a young age already progressing far, albeit with baby steps. Rome was not built in a day, and I would not expect you to accomplish that so soon either.

Like I told you last night, I don’t expect anything from anyone, especially from you. Because as you know, with great expectations come greater disappointments. A lesson to learn in life is to be happy with what you have and never expect anything from anyone. My second bro taught me that no one owes you anything, so don’t expect anyone to give you anything. You don’t have a birth right to expect anything. However, without expectations comes complacency. With expectations you’d work for what you want.

There are many people in this society who wants more than what they ought to get. And when they do not accomplish this, they get frustrated with everyone and everything. I, for one, am the most stressed out person you can ever come across. Beneath this cheerful laughing face comes a very complex heart with several non-physical coronary issues. Hence, I would like to explain to you again munchkin, its not your fault that I’m training myself not to expect so much from anyone. I’m very pleasantly surprised that you remember my birthday. I really am. I never knew you’d be so good with dates.

You are already perfect the way you are. I may have been harsh on, but you know, without these pushing, you’d go no where. My mum was right about this part. Sometimes people just need a little nudge to achieve targets. At least you were listening to me. I really am proud of you. Really, really. This comes as a consolation as I know you’ll never quit smoking fully, so, I’ll pick on things which I can have control over, or perhaps things that may sound more reasonable to you so you’d do it willingly rather than begrudgingly.

But don’t ever give up on improving your own life. Don’t be too complacent about it. There are several people around you that you have to take into consideration.

Because with actions there are reactions.

No comments: