Monday, November 24, 2008

Lontong Kering

By this third blog, you would have realised that I am more interested in food than anything else.

Hence my size 14 clothes appear.

But, neah, I LOVE FOOD!

Went to court today with Vivian and Vincent for J.I.D.
I'm suppose to know what J.I.D is, but unfortunately, being Jo, I don't. And I'm not ashamed to say that! But probably the Masters of Rolls from Lincolns' Inn would flip in their coffins if they knew about their end-products being law-illiterate!

The best part of today is, the LONTONG KERING.
Sold at a Malay restaurant (obviously) next to the Sub-court by a reallllllllllly lovely woman named BIBI.

This place (aka JOTIC) is the hangout of all litigation lawyers who end up mamaking after their cases are over.

So now let me explain to you how special this lontong kering is.

The lontong, being the smashed rice cake/kueh looking thingy, is so soft and fluffy. Your teeth literally sinks in at the first bite and it leaves a sweet taste once your saliva comes into contact with the rice, and starts their own saliva digestion - which the end product is sugar. (I know i'm a bad science teacher, but once the enzymes from the saliva breaks down starch it turns it into sugar kan?- hence the sweetness)

To top it off, the sambal is not tooooo spicy and it is sweet too. All I can say, JUST NICE!

We get to pick our chicken of our choice. I choose the thigh 'cos its the fattiest and softest and juiciest part of the pokpokkei (aka chicken -try saying it out loud). I stay far away from chicken breast because it is the hardest and the dryest part of the damn chicken. I know most girls love the breast because it has the least fat. But hey, you would have guessed that I don't conform to the social norms of being skinny. I LOVE MY FOOD! :)

Oh yeah, Marrybrown has the best chicken on earth. Well at least the MB outlet near my place. I'm not too sure about the other outlets.

Anyhoos, we shall proceed on to make your mouth water. The coconut shavings are slightly sweet but it is just the right combination when you campur the lontong, sambal chicken and sprinkle some of the kelapa on the top.

OH TUHAN KU,
that is the best part of it. Its like an orgasm in my mouth. With every bite, I'd wiggle my bum and I am just filled with happiness! (I know, I know, I'm really simple!)

They do include tempeh (a type of soya taofu malay thingy going on) but I do not like it as much. It also comes with lightly fried french beans with glass noodles and some soft taofu and carrots. A really yummy combination!!!!

Aiyoyo, I really cannot wait till lunch time. It's 1hr and 10 mins more and I just cant wait any longer! My poor belly YEARNSSSSSSSSSSSS to be softly caressed by the soft fluffy lontong, to be lightly teased by the slightly spicy sambal, and to be engulfed totally by the really oily fried chicken thigh.

I have actually also ta-pao-ed porridge from home.

It is going to be a hard task finishing everything.
But my cc is so besar, I doubt it'd be a problem.

Hee.

X

No comments: