Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Francessca Wong Pui See

F. Wong
D.O.B: Sometime in December, Year of Pig




I must say that I have been coerced into writing this wonderful blog about my best flen,
Flanny.

she has paid me to do this.

Hah, not.

Anyways, my best flen Flanny.
What can I say about her?

The first impression I had about her was,
"WTF?! Where did she come from?"

I first met Flanny aka Flancessca, Flan, Flannykins etc etc etc when we were in Year 2 of Uni.
This was Year 2005.

She sat alone at the front desk (wait, was she?) while Mr. Kalai thought us Tort. She looked so timid and shy. Others have commented that she was snobbish and proud looking (you know where I'm going) I thought she looked really cute and innocent, and for a moment I thought she was from China (from her porcelain fair skin and really kawaii fashion) or Japan.

Alot of our classmates have been condemning her on the first day they have met her based on their first impressions, but being Jo, I am flens with everyone. So I went up and spoke to her. She wasn't what other people said she was. Well if she was snobbish, she wouldn't have invited me to lunch right? So after class, she brought me to this Indian place for lunch. Mind you this was my first time out of campus for lunch (I know, I know, I'm such a country bumpkin). Flan of cos treated me lunch. I was so proud! No one has ever treated me lunch before!!! Knowing Flan, she is a smoker. And to be honest, she is the first flen I had that smoked. I felt so grown up then knowing that my group of social flens included someone cool and dangerous! (I have no friends except the boob squad. We were nerds.)

Right, from then on, our friendship blossomed. She taught me how to put on make up. I must stress at this moment that I was so ugly last time that only my mother loved me. Flan saved me from all the embarrassment. She taught me the importance of make up. Of cover ups. Of covering my flaws and emphasising my strengths. In a way, she taught me to be a stronger person than I was. She taught me to show the world only the good side of me. The bad side, you keep it away. No one has to know your weakness. They will only attack you with it.

I was this ugly duckling with various colours on my face. I used to have pink eye shadow at one point and Flan nearly shot my face for having it. She told me I was a fashion disaster.
I did not disagree.
One day, Flan decided to clear out her old make up. That was when she decided to donate some of her stuff to me.
It was the first time I ever had any real good make up.
She slowly taught me how to put them on, how to blend them in and how to brush it right.
Patiently, time after time, she never hesitated to help me improve my looks.
From then I gained my confidence.

You see, I have extremely bad skin conditions due to hormonal imbalances. Flan taught me how to overcome it and still be gorgeous.

Flan brought M.A.C to me.

M.A.C is amazing. Utterly amazing. Ranging from the powders to the eyeshadows to the lippy, Flan transformed me into a bearable looking person!

First she started on my face, then slowly she moved on to transforming my fashion.
I used to look like a homeless hippy, she used to say.

She was right.

I was looking through my wardrobe that day and I went,
"WTF was I thinking??????"

Flan has truly helped me transform into what I am today.
Without her,I would not know how to accentuate and deccentuate my flaws and my strengths.
Flan was cruelly honest.

If it looked shit on you, she'd tell you.

Flan takes pride in throwing cold hard truth/facts in your face.

That's the best part of being a best friend. Honesty.

When we went to England, Flan stayed by my side and took care of me. I have not been overseas before. She has carefully taken me under her wing. She fed me all the time.I will always remember the times when she fed me when I was poor and hungry. The times she treated me in Jasmine and Chicken Cottage.

At this point, everyone would slowly realise that I'm a cheapo:)

Flan would cook her best for me -but not eat it. This is how she remained skinny and me getting fatter. Sly fox she is, it didnt matter to me though, she just didn't want me going hungry.
(I'm not the best person when I'm hungry!)

We would spend our times going shopping after classes and then makan-ing after that.
We were like sisters.

We went clubbing and she'd always do my make up, make me uber gorgeous, pick the right clothes for me. I on the other hand would fend off scary pervy black men, pakistani or kebab men as we call them.

Note: I am not racist. But if you come up to me or my flen and start drying humping us, I will break your dick.

Even though we had ups and downs in our relationship, I always knew that Flan cared for me, even though she was always in her own world most of the time.
I was very touched the day when Flan realised that I stood by her even when she left me because of what other people said about me.

It is true Flan, I will never forsake you even if the whole world has forsaken you. I will always be by your side even if you don't want me anymore.

For all the things she has done for me, I will never leave her even if the whole world told me I am wrong not to do so.

The world has truly misunderstood Flan. I will not pour out what people have said about her. But I can vouch for her character.

Yes, she is competitive.
Yes, she is a fucking big bitch.
Yes, she is biased at times.
Yes, she has to be the best.

But Flan does not have an evil heart.

That is the best part about her.
She does not plot to harm you.
She is merely gullible to what others perceive.

That I understand.

Flan has been kind enough to take care of me these few years when I was on my own.
And for this lifetime, I will always be by you Flan.

You will always be my best flen no matter how much you H.H. me,
no matter how much shit you tell others about me,
no matter how much rubbish other people have told me about you.

X

No comments: