Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mum got mad at me when I casually said that I wont want to take care of my middle aged brothers when she passes on.

She got flipping mad.

Wtf? Have I suddenly risen in the family hierarchy to be the eldest child? Why do I have to live with such a burden at such a young age when it should be my brothers who are taking care of me?

Maybe it was quite harsh of me to say that. But these men have and will have wives in the future (ones married, ones still single, ladies anyone?). shouldnt these people be taking care of their husbands instead of me?

I think those exact words of...so you can take after me... rolled out of her mouth.

I will always watch out for my brothers. But I will not go to the extend of drowning them in my limited love, mum. I'm sorry. I guess you gave birth to the wrong daughter for this purpose.

No comments: