Sunday, July 19, 2009

Daddy + Mummy loves me.

today I treated my family to a sumptuous meal in Kota Tinggi. It is this quaint little bistro/bakery that daddy stumbled into while on his trips to the beach.

We all ate like pigs. And funnily, now at 130am, I'm starved again. I MUST be a pig THEN. HAHA.

And the bill costed peanuts.

The drive was a tad far, but hey, Toyota helps you save petrol.

We were all just talking and talking and I started singing 'Que Sara Sara' because I was bored (yes I tend to sing to entertain myself). Daddy suddenly spoke up and said

'Hey, you know there was a tune I used to sing to you when you were a baby that made you sleep?'

I didnt know it till he sang, and it sounded so familiar and it brought tears to my eyes.

Not only was the melody heartwrenching, the words and the sentiments were very touching.

It goes like this,

'Joan-na, Daddy loves you so..... Joan-na, Daddy loves you so......'

Simple few words that are repeated, but the melody is soothing, calming and sad at the same time. Mum said the first time he sang this song, my mouth downturned and it seemed that I was tearing at his sad tune.

Of course mum also had a tune, which I could play it on the piano.

It goes like this,

'Mama yang (love in Malay), Papa yang,.......' again a few words in a melody but it truly expresses the love my parents had for me.

And whenever I heard these lullabyes it'd send me straight to dreamland. works like magic.

Mum used to stroke my forehead and BAM! I'm off to dreamland.

Ah, the simpler times.

No comments: