Saturday, September 11, 2010

Straight men and fashion

Was shopping with the boyf yesterday and I made the biggest discovery of the year.

That my boyf was definitely not gay. Well that's not the main point. The main point, leading me have this revelation was that he said something that got me pissing mad and puzzled at the same time.

I asked him about several outfits that were floral, polka dotted, stripped etc. He commented simply, " I don't think ANY men understand those patterns". That would be true if all men were straight. But the thing is, there are gay men. And GAY men KNOW about floral patterns etc. So this became my test factor to see if any other men had gay tendencies (doesn't mean they ARE gay, just that they have the genome that makes them lean closer to that).

He went on to say that MEN (straight men, I'm assuming at the moment, cos he's just simply an amoeba, one channel minded), only know sexy, conservative, cute (he also mentioned there was no such thing as cute, i don't know how that conversation went). So the cuttings of the dress were very important, and not so much of the motifs on the dress.

So through that my observation was that if the men had a few comments on the patterns on the fabric, its only because they're metrosexual (if they're not full fledged gay). Gay men have very good taste in fashion, and hence I can say that my boyf's not gay because what he wears are mostly crimes of fashion.

Anyway, just puzzled as he has no comments as to what I choose to wear, but more so of the length of it. Too short a skirt, NO. Maxis - NO. Skinny jeans - YES. Conservative clothes - YES. Oh well.

But, he did make a plus point when he bought me the heart shaped weaved wicker basket inspired handbag. It's very chic (I'm not saying vogue, cos it's not vogue standard, but good enough for me!).

Did you know big rings are making a come back? I'm so totally rocking the big ring fashion now! :D Will try to post some pics of the rings and bag up soon. Muahahahhaha.

No comments: