Monday, September 6, 2010

Couples & Arguments

Couples, have you ever had such epic arguments with each other that makes you want to rip their faces off and then scatter salt over their rawly exposed flesh? I know I have.

My arguments with bunny usually involves raging hormones (not in the good way), his stubbornness, my stubbornness, his stupid remarks, my stupid rebuttals and the fact that we both are trying to prove we're right.

The conversation usually ends with threats of breaking up, replies of confirmations of breaking up, and slamming of phones.

Then after a minute the phone rings again (usually me calling to screw him up to continue the story). I'm a tough girl friend, I have to admit. I'm usually quite bad 2 weeks in a month, usually when I'm ovulating and when I'm on my menses. So he has to endure 2 weeks of my shit.

On most normal days I'm pretty subdued, but once it hits the 2 weeks mark, all my shitty symptoms start coming in. Mum says that PMS is only make believe and there never was PMS hocus pocus during her time (circa 1950s). OH WELL, people flew to the moon, things get discovered, women unveils another secret to bitchiness aloud by creating this PMS syndrome shit so we can all blame the hormones for fucking others up.

Ok, anyway. Right. I'm a terrible gf. I have to be honest. I just get so mad and unreasonable most of the time, I feel ashamed of it. And yes, I'm aware of my actions but I just want it that way so badly. Some say I'm spoilt. I'd like to say that I'm opinionated in what I want (another bullshit way of covering up that I'm spoilt). And to be fair, I only get blinded by anger and madness when its something to do with my family or someone I love, eg. bunny (or any other ex boyfriends for that fact).

I'm always hopping mad over the smallest things (to him) and he finds me crazy. But what he doesnt understand is that the smallest things to men always means the most to women. Right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But we all know all the smallest things and gestures always mean more than most big gestures. Men don't get it. They're so dumb I truly now believe that their brains are filled with shit.

For me, most arguments that are epic usually involve money and jealousy (usually my fault). I know I know. I should lay back, but sometimes one thing leads to another and its just a meltdown!

After 30 minutes of verbal abuse hurled at each other, we usually go to bed, all emotionally drained from the personal attacks on each other, only to wake up hoping that we still love each other (this is what I feel, totally unsure if he wakes up thinking of me at all!) hahahaha.

But yes, eventually we would apologise to each other, not because we were wrong (we were both right in our reasonings), but because we treasured each other more than proving who was right. I guess many couples do this, but I have noticed several couples breaking up because both of them have prides. It's just a waste of what could have been when you set your ego aside and realise that you might lose someone important in your life just because you didn't want to lose in an argument.

For sure there would be even more epic arguments to come in our future. However, we both realised that the only reason why we got spanking mad at each other was because that we cared alot. And that's how the cookie crumbles.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the post!
I feel you!

Olivia Jo said...

Thanks!! :)