Thursday, February 5, 2009

Work reality

So le Boss told me to go into his room to ask when my chambering ends.

And then he continued to tell me about my weaknesses and what he has observed about me throughout these 9 months.

a) Not to be too dependant and over-relying on people

I agree on this point as I, too, realised that I have been overly dependant on people's help for me to get by in life. If anyone knows me well, they will know the fact that I detest being this handicapped. It's like I'm a cripple. Everything I do, someone else has to have a leg in it and help me. Even the most basic form of independance, such as getting to a place without the need of some one chauffering you there is a problem for me. It's not that I don't drive. I do. But SOMEONE had to sell MY CAR and not get another one IMMEDIATELY. Fuck, its been months since I last drove. And I miss my 4x4 so badly. I hate having to open my mouth and ask for someone to give me a lift someone. Then I would have to depend on the person's mood and schedule. It's all fucked up. I can't wait to get a proper job, get a car. From there can I grow. Fucking hell. I hate depending on people. I really fucking do.

I think its because I'm the youngest in the family. So there is a NEED to do everything for me. Because I'm the youngest and the most helpless, everything is done for me beforehand. This is a blessing and also a curse. A blessing because I am QUEEN OF THE HOUSEHOLD and everything REVOLVES around my work schedule. Another is, I have no basic freedom to go out as and when I like, because, hey, I'm already FUCKING 23. Give me a break! I can't stay at home all the time. My genes are slowly evolving into spuds. I hate it when everyone says you're the youngest, you can't do it, you don't know how to do it, you're to young to know this, bla bla bla bla. I outrightly blame the family for my crippled dependance.

b) Don't be too trusting

This I have to agree too. I only blame myself for this. I have been hurt countless times by people on the outside, and also my own family. YET, I have never learnt from this lesson. Yes I learnt it the moment I was inflicted with hurt, but magically, over time, I seem to forget about it and bounce back up and start treating everyone the same again. He told me, sometimes people are not what they seem. They devil may look like an angel, and the angel may look like the devil. He is totally right. In the work society, there are people who are out to get you. Out to see you fail. Don't expose your own personal things to others. They will use it against you. You will become transparent, vulnerable.

He is totally right. Maybe I AM too naive in believing those who are kind and close to me are really genuine in their approach. Perhaps there are some good souls out there. But the rest of the people just want to ruin you. Don't trust people too easily, because the trust can be broken just as easily.

c) Dog eat Dog world

The society is a cruel place. Everyone WILL step on each other to climb up the corporate level. So the angel that you think is, might be backstabbing you like hell when you're not looking to get into the boss's good pockets to get a promotion.

This is a cold hard fact of life. No one will want someone to do better than them. They will have to attack first.

d) Choose your words wisely

Because it may be your last. Wolves will jump on every wrong word you have muttered and use it against you. They will happily misinterpret it and enthusiastically get the wrong idea and then use it against you. This will be your death. Who you say it to, is also another matter which I should take note of.

So being the semi-loose cannon that I am, I might have said some things that shouldn't be said, and I can only blame myself for it. I created my own grave. It's okay. Because I've learnt from this grave lesson.

e) Protect yourself, do not harm/hurt others

By far this is his only golden words that I might remember for life. I do believe in Karma or Judgement day and I do not believe in sabotaging other people for me to get ahead in life. But I must always remember not to say the wrong things at the wrong time. Or literally, the wrong things (which I have a knack of).

****

The moral of the story here is that I need to drastically stop talking to people in order to protect myself. Because we don't know who we should trust out there. Sometimes, you can't even trust your own family, because, speaking from first hand experience, you can't trust ANYBODY. Be reserved. Keep your thoughts to yourself. Remember, you can only protect yourself. No one else can.

Thank you boss.


1 comment:

Princess of the Red Bean said...

Congratulations for your have reached enlightenment. You are now ready for LIFE.