Monday, June 14, 2010

Goodbye 23, Hello 24!

Ok I realised that I haven been blogging for quite a bit. Have been really caught up in this thing called 'life' sans the happy moments and world's little miracles.

Anyway, today marks the last day of my 23dom. I will be 24 tomorrow. It's kind of depressing knowing that I am not a young girl anymore. My time is ticking. Anyway, less on depressing talk on this rainy gloomy tuesday morning.

As this year went by, I realised I don't know much about anything.

I don't know about the political status in our country. I only know the main few constituents, BN, UMNO, MIC, MCA. The rest of the PKR RKP PPK CCB KNNB TNS, I all also dont know. I am ignorant that way.

I also realised that I don't know much about the income tax system and my EPF SOCSO because I am not the one handling all the paperworks. I worry about it sometimes, but that worry seems to fall out of my head when I see something bright and shiny.

I realise that I've been working for 2 years now and I still do not own a vehicle. Alot of people said that owning a vehicle is about personal standards and status. ie, i have no standard or status in the society because I don't own a car. To be honest, I am fine with it. I have no standards, no status, don't ask me for help please, I can't help you with anything at all! Less trouble for me ok! I do not own a vehicle because a) there are many cars in my house for me to use. b) I do not have the urge to go anywhere at anytime. Most of the time I'm at the office and when I'm not at the office I'm spending time at home. c) I do not need a car because there'll always be people there who are willing to drive me. And if there is no one there, there is no car at home, fine, I won't go. It is not an urgent matter to be at the place. And if it was urgent, there surely be someone there to bring me. I may envy people with beautiful cars, but I do not envy people with cars because to me its only a depreciating asset. I can easily afford a car now, but I find myself a little too stingy to fork out that money to pay for something that my house has a surplus of. Ok. Stop talking, Jo.

This past year made me realise that I would scrimp on my own food, and splurge on food for the ones I love (ie treating them to good food, making home made food for them). To me food is secondary. I do not have the desire to be feasting on caviar or shasimi everyday(infact I hate seafood - except prawns). Some people have compared themselves to me and I realise that there is nothing much to feel bad about. Different people have different aspects of standards.

You can not rely on anyone. You can't rely on anyone to be there for you forever. It's just not fiscally correct. I understand that thoroughly although most of the time I may need more processing time. (ie I throw a hissy fit before that and try to burn down the whole world). Sometimes you can't even rely on family.

Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer. These things will never go wrong.

Have decided to cancel the birthday party (ie apologising to the 2 people who actually made the effort to come). It's ok. I know who cares (ie people who live so far away and still want to come, than compared to those who are near, claim they are so close, and yet apparently have more paramount activities to do that day). Totally understandable. That day will be filled with sand, sun, beach, sangria, great singapore sale, TGIF, sex and the city and long island ice tea. Me and the girls (and the boy) needs a long break. Thank you wonderful people whom i've known for so long to take all the effort to come down from so far away. I love you girls so much.

I am all grown up about friends talking behind my back. I know you did it, but I don't talk about it, because you know, I really don't give a shit? Hahahahaha. I'm grown up! :D

People who live further and are willing to make the effort to see you are so much better than people who live close to you and yet give a million and one excuses not to come. But its totally understandable. Just that now I appreciate my college friends more. 7 years baby. 7 years!

You know when you make people your priority and all you turn out is just an option? Hah, it actually happens in real life and not just digital quotes! -_-''

I miss the life in England. I miss the people sans heartaches. I miss the cold weather where I can wear my snow boots just about anytime I want to.


Totally partial emo post I know but what to do. This time round I'm not writing the post on 23 things I've done because I'm done practically nothing for the past year than to buy time. Life has just some how lost the meaning of it, what with the rat race i've been put in. In the end the race is only with myself.

Saw the new house today, the renovations are on the way and the compound is hugeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Can't wait to see the whole thing when its' properly done up.


So Goodbye 23, Hello 24. Just wish that I can get by this year with a little bit of grace, and a little bit of dignity.

You have been great to me 23. I have not regretted this past year. Love you.

xxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happi Happi birthday to you Jo!!! Don't worried you are still young as you will be surrounded by much older gals on Lilie's wedding! LOL