Thursday, June 25, 2009

mama!


Of course I wouldn’t leave out my mama. She is also the bestest person on earth, albeit controlling, naggy and slightly neurotic. There are high chances that I’ll turn into her when I get older as strong evidences now show how I’m slowly evolving into my mama. I may not be as sexy or as pretty as she was but the characteristic traits definitely show.

My mama has tried to have me for 8 years but it never worked. Finally at last when she was hitting 40 I popped out of her va-j-j. my maternal grandma actually told her she was lucky to have me. Her exact words were ‘ho chai’ (which funnily sounds like my bosses name).

When I was 5, she forced fed me with books when I don’t even know how to read. I had to figure out on my own how each word came about. Then she would proudly parade me to everyone and said that I learnt reading on my own! It was no ordinary feat. Reading without any guidance was a terrible experience.

Anyway, when I was growing up and going to school at 5am in the morning, my mama would wake up religiously everyday clad in her crumpled nighties and a granny cardigan and kiss me every day without fail and sent me up the bus!

When I had to go for tuition in Singapore, she would drive me in a then wait for me to finish my tuition then buy packed chicken rice and sugar cane water for me to eat while we wait out the jam and I would fall asleep after that and she would drive me back home.

Mama will always pay me 5cents per strand of white hair I pulled out when I was growing up. I used to be such a rich kid in school.

She would always let me buy the story books I want without complaining (of course that was only limited to school book fares when prices were cheap and reasonable for us students to afford!).

When I was in secondary school, she would always pick me up after school and bring me for sushi king or marrybrown, or lavender. Anything that is good that I would eat, then I would take a nap, then she would send me for tuition.

Mama would tuck me in bed every night. Usually she would fall asleep faster than me and snore so loud that I’d have to poke her in her ribs to wake her up.

Mama would bring me shopping every time and get me pretty clothes so I’d look good. No matter how expensive it was, if she could afford it she would definitely buy them for me.

Whatever I wanted, mama would always give me if she could afford it. Just like now, she’s paid for my anti-cervical cancer jabs even though there’s several speculations on how it wont work on me. Hhahaha.

Mama would pain stakingly pay a couple grand just for me to go for my facials (I have bad case of acne) and she would spend lots and lots of money on weight loss regime (that would fail miserably all the time, because it was never meant to be). She is still of high hopes that I will attain supermodel figure and marry a rich husband one day.

When I was overseas mama would either sms or msn me everyday. She couldn’t live a day without me. And during Chinese New Year, she would pack cookies, food stuff, red packets, New Year clothes for me so at least I can feel a bit festive there. The postage price was a bitch. But she paid it anyway.

She was the only one that would condone my million shoe shopping spree , million bags, jewelry and what not. Because she is me, I am her. We are both alike and understand the need for unnecessary things in life.

She would be the one who would slog her ass off on Chinese new year eve, Chinese new year day all on her own so we could have 12 dishes on our tables to eat and throw up later due to over eating.

As I got older, slight coughs would worry her especially during this H1N1 season. I would have excuses to sleep when I am tired and fluey.

There was once I fell down a flight of steps in front of her. She just sat down and cried and cried and cried. I was of course fine and bounced back up like a ball. But to her it was too much to take seeing her daughter fall at such a great height at such an old age. Now, she holds my hand while walking down the stairs instead of me holding hers. What an embarrassment!

I have this bad habit of leaving my dirty clothes on the floor and jumping into the bathroom and never picking them up – ever. My mama would ALWAYS pick them up and take them out and put them in the laundry basket. She would however complain whenever my S-I-L do it. AHHHHHHHHH. Such privileges of being her daughter!

She would also let me have the first mouth of whatever herbal soup she was brewing and made sure I had more portion than anyone else in the family! Of course, my health is weaker these days. I am definitely be entitled to more health supplements!

The arrival of my periods will always be such a relief for her. She’s so worried that I’m either pregnant (she knows what I’m capable of) or either that a much worse situation that I am screwed in my uterus. But stress is the main factor why my menses is being a bitch, and me being a bigger one when they come.

There are so many more things that mama has done out of love for me that I take for granted. Of course the true fact is that she loves Keith more than me. She outrightly denies it ALL the time. BUT it is true. Everyone who has eyes can see it, and even the deaf can hear how much she loves him. There is no such thing as equal love among children. But of course she’ll love all her children. But not all equally! But at least I know I rank no.2???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Mama has influenced me on loving the colour green and of the finer things in life like, table runners, porcelain plates, dessert dishes, ike bana, flower arrangement and expensive things to waste money on to make your house look slightly prettier.

For that she has created a standard of living higher than the rest for me. She does not hand these to me in a financial form. Its more of a skill and habit lifestyle passed on to me.

Hah, everyone knows my mama loves me a lot. She has done so many things for me that I have taken for granted. But I hope she knows that I do loveeeeeeeeeeeee her even though I’m such a pain in the ass to take care of most of the time!

No comments: