Thursday, February 18, 2010

RIP Jee Ee

Rest in Peace 2nd Aunty.

She passed away today whilst my mother was still in Penang. Mum wanted to go back to Ijok to attend the funeral, however was adviced against as mum had already attended one funeral and would bring bad luck to the relatives who were doing business as they wanted to pray to the Heavens (baiteegong).

Oh well. Mum was devastated as she loved her sister very much, but 2ndaunty was suffering for a long time now, being bed ridden and all. The maids didn't take very good care of her and she was malnourished and all. It is good as she is relieved of her physical pain in this world now.

I remember when I was in Inti, she took me back home with her sons driving of course, to my campus.

That was about 5 years ago. She came down from the car, and tucked RM50 into my hands and told me to go eat.

I was not close to her, but I knew she cared for me because she loved my mother. Every chinese new year we would go to her house and her children would cook us fantabulous food and we would gamble.

The last trip I went back to see her, she couldnt even recognise me anymore. We hardly saw her, hence her memory was going off. 6thaunty was so upset that her elder sister did not recognise her, she cried :(

Oh well, RIP jee-ee. We will always remember you fondly in our hearts.

No comments: