Sunday, May 2, 2010

Make up steps (amatuer way!)

Dear Suet Mun,

You asked me how I achieved this look :




Unfortunately, I could not give you a step by step tutorial on how I achieved this look. But you also know la I am not a make up guru, this has been years of experimenting and looking like an idiot for the first few.

Hehehe, hope you understand my step by steps!

:D



Brushes that I use (left to right) : Bodyshop, Bobbibrown face + eye (courtesy of Fran), Elianto blending brush +Bodyshop blush brush.


FACE



I use the MAC strobe cream as my makeup base. Everyone probably knows how important a makeup base is - to achieve a smoother look for your makeup and also to prevent the makeup from seeping into your skin. right? RIGHT??!?? hehehehehe




Next I put on the tinted moisturiser (courtesy of Fran ) as my foundation base.



I have terribly uneven skin tone, so I use this liquid foundation only on parts that are still visibly red even after putting on the tinted moisturiser.



Bodyshop concealer pencil. I swear this is the best concealer ever. I have tried so many concealers from Chanel to Estee to MAC. This is farby the cheapest and the best. Used on my spots.



This is the Loreal De-crease to be used on eyelids so that your eye make wont crease after a few hours. It lightens my eye lid and also keeps the eye makeup on!



Bobbi brown dark circle concealer. lightens my cerealsly dark circles man! hehehehehehe.



To finish the face off, I'll dab lightly with Artistry loose powder to set the makeup in!


EYES




I started off by colouring the whole eyelid with this nude pigment powder (courtesy of Jojo) as a base colour.



The I slightly dab the double eyelids with this MAC glitter (courtesy of Jojo).







Then I colour my outer eye lids with the black colour for a slightly smokey effect. I also use the pearl white as a highlighter for my brows. (Courtesy of Fran!)



The I colour my inner lids slightly with this white pencil to make my eyes appear slightly bigger.



My trustee RM5 Daiso eyeliner which is water proof and smudge proof. Line the upper lids fully and half the lower lids starting from the outer corner to the middle.



To finish the look you have to wear the Falsies! I bought my fake shit MAC falsies for RM2.00 at pasar malam!

LIPS




For my red lips I used a pointed tip cotton bud to line my cupids bow (the 2 sharp points of your lips) and also the corners of my lips. Then I colour the red in . AFter that I dabbed my lips with tissue to remove access lipstick. Then I coloured it in again with the lipstick and dab again. Then I put on the lipcote to hold on my lipstick colour (this is so the colour wont run even after several glasses of alcohol). Then after the lipcote I apply another layer of colour!

FACE COLOUR & CONTOURING



Use the Body shop bronzing balls for my cheeks during the night time and it comes off nicely when pictures are taken.



Then slightly colour your cheeks with blusher, just a hint of colour is enough. I used my fakeshit MAC blusher that I bought for RM15. Works out fine as contrary to popular belief! HAHAHA!



Then I contour my face ( my double chin, round face ) slightly with the MAC bronzing thingy. I use the big BBrown brush and go round in circles on my jawline to try to darken it so it looks slightly smaller! hehehehe!

FINAL TOUCHUPS



Draw my bros with an angled eyebrow pen then I coat it with the eye brow coat so the colour stays on. At the rate I sweat my eye brow colour will run extremely quickly!





Lastly, I use the cream pallete glitter (courtesy of Fran) to give it a night party look just at the end of my outter lids!

Yay!

So Suet Mun, I hope you understand what I've wrote k? Dedicated specially for you lor!

:P

xxxxx

1 comment:

Cynth said...

wahhh!!!! like a lot of hardwork and like RM200 invested on the one session make up.. but still great!! OK! I go buy some fake Mac first!! thanks!